Call for papers (CFP) – EXTENDED!!
International Hybrid Conference
Future Challenges in Early Language Learning and Multilingual Education (ELLME2022)
Granada (Spain), 22-24 June 2022
Conference scope & strands
The International Hybrid Conference “Future Challenges in Early Language Learning and Multilingual Education” (ELLME2022) is organised by the Department of Languages and Literature Education of the University of Granada. It is a joint conference of the EECERA SIG “Multilingual Childhoods”, AILA ELLReN (Early Language Learning Research Network) and ALExI network (Spanish Network on FL learning at preschool).
It aims to facilitate a forum for discussion for researchers and practitioners on language learning and multilingual education in the early years (0-12 years old) in diverse sociolinguistic backgrounds (additional languages, foreign languages, heritage languages, endangered languages, minority languages, sign language, etc.).
It is planned in a hybrid format: on-site and virtual participation will be offered, although we would love to see as many of you as possible in Granada.
Communications should deal with any of the following topics, either focusing on children from 0 to 6 or from 6 to 12, or both, and contextualised in any multilingual context (second language, foreign language, additional language, minority language, heritage language, sign language, etc.):
- Early language teaching and learning
- Early bilingual/multilingual education
- Multilingual identity and socialization in the early years
- Early biliteracies and multiliteracies
- Materials design and development in early language education
- Multimedia and multimodality for multilingual education
- Classroom practices in bilingual/multilingual education
- Methodological and ethical issues on multilingual research
- Teacher training on early language education
- Language policies for early years
- Call for papers: June 30th, 2021
- Call for papers deadline: Nov. 15th, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: November 30th, 2021
- Registration opening: Jan. 1st, 2022
- Early-bird Registration deadline: February, 28th 2022
- Registration deadline: April, 30th 2022
- Conference 22-24 June 2022
If you wish to participate as a speaker in ELLME2022, you will be able to choose either to attend the physical conference in Granada or the virtual one.
As a speaker, you will be able to present up to two communications in the following modalities:
- Individual papers: 15 min communication + 5 min discussion in a 60-min thematic panel.
- Self-organised symposium: 3-4 different communications around a topic in a 60 min slot with at least 15 minutes for discussion. The chair of the symposium will need to select and organise the papers included.
- Poster presentation. Poster presenters will display their posters (detailed formatting information will be given after acceptance) in the morning and time for discussion and debating will be scheduled in the conference programme.
- PED-talks: short oral presentations (10-12 min) of innovative teaching practices and experiences. Usually by in-service practitioners. Time for Qs&As will be given at the end of the PED panel.
2. VIRTUAL MODALITY
If you are a virtual speaker (VS), you will have to prepare and upload a short video (approximately 8-10 min) with your presentation to a platform (information will be given after acceptance) before June 1st, 2022.
Forum slots to interact with participants will be scheduled during the conference.
As a VS, you will have access to the conference as a virtual attendee. You will have the same opportunities for publication as on-site speakers.
Certificate of participation will be issued to all registered participants.
Please note that all participants, either onsite or virtual, will need to register and pay the conference registration on time.
Proposals can be sent in either English or Spanish, although English is encouraged. Authors must explicitly mark in their proposals the language of their presentations so that it is explicitly indicated in the programme.
Proposals should be sent through our online platform and using the template provided on our website no later than October 31st 2021. Please visit our “submit a proposal” section for templates and submission guidelines.
We are facilitating speakers different options for publishing their high-quality papers. Please visit our “Publication options” section for more information.