A very warm welcome to the 4th joint EUROSOI – ULIS 2018 Conference, here in Granada! This Conference aims at gathering together in an interactive forum all scientists and engineers working in the field of SOI technology and advanced nanoscale devices. One of the key objectives of the conference is to promote collaboration and partnership between different academia, research and industry players in the field. We would also like to bring your attention to the Short Course about RF SOI organized by Incize and SOITEC on March, 18 RFSOI: from basics to practical use of wireless technology.
Francisco Gámiz (Conference Chair)
Viktor Sverdlov (Technical Program Chair)
22 Jan 2018
Abstract Submission Deadline (Extended)
30 Jan 2018
Notification of Acceptance Date
15 Feb 2018
23 Feb 2018
Final Paper Submission (for proceedings and IEEE Xplore)
Call for papers
The organizing committee invites scientists and engineers working in the above fields to actively participate by submitting high quality papers. Original 2-page abstracts with illustrations will be accepted for review in pdf format. The authors of the accepted contributions will be requested to provide a 4-page paper to appear in the conference proceedings, which will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore® digital library. The authors of the best papers will be invited to submit a longer version for publication in a special issue of Solid-State Electronics. A best paper award will be attributed to the best paper by the SINANO institute.
Papers in the following areas are solicited:
- Advanced SOI materials and wafers. Physical mechanisms and innovative SOI-like devices
- New channel materials for CMOS: strained Si, strained SOI, SiGe, GeOI, III-V and high mobility materials on insulator; carbon nanotubes; graphene and other two-dimensional materials.
- Properties of ultra-thin films and buried oxides, defects, interface quality. Thin gate dielectrics: high-κ materials for switches and memory.
- Nanometer scale devices: technology, characterization techniques and evaluation metrics for high performance, low power, low standby power, high frequency and memory applications.
- Alternative transistor architectures including FDSOI, DGSOI, FinFET, MuGFET, vertical MOSFET, Nanowires, FeFET and Tunnel FET, MEMS/NEMS, Beyond-CMOS nanoelectronic devices.
- New functionalities in silicon-compatible nanostructures and innovative devices representing the More than Moore domain, nanoelectronic sensors, biosensor devices, energy harvesting devices, RF devices, imagers, etc.
- CMOS scaling perspectives; device/circuit level performance evaluation; switches and memory scaling. Three-dimensional integration of devices and circuits, heterogeneous integration.
- Transport phenomena, compact modeling, device simulation, front- and back-end process simulation.
- Advanced test structures and characterization techniques, parameter extraction, reliability and variability assessment techniques for new materials and novel devices.
- Emerging memory devices.