Due to the current global pandemic situation, the third edition of the New Trends in Language Teaching International Conference will be held in virtual format this year.
Both synchronous and asynchronous virtual presentations are possible. Therefore, the authors who participate virtually in the conference have the option of:
- Uploading a slide show and/or a pre-recorded video of their presentation onto YouTube (asynchronous presentation) or
- Making their presentation via Zoom or Meet (synchronous presentation)
We aim to promote a reflection on the latest developments in language teaching and learning, in terms of both research and practice.
We are particularly interested in topics such as
- Integrating Content and Language
- Task development and implementation
- Uses of ICT in Language Teaching and Learning
- Innovation and creativity
- Multicultural education and language teaching
- Foreign Language Teacher Training
- Teacher wellbeing
- Social justice and Foreign Language Teaching
This conference has been organized by the University of Granada, the University of Algarve and the European-funded project PETALL, in collaboration with the research unit CETAPS, the research group “HUM-457 Didáctica de la Lengua y la Literatura” and the Department of Didactics of Language and Literature (UGR).
This year conference will be held in memoriam of Prof. António Lopes (1967–2019), a notable scholar and multitalented person. António Lopes, PhD in English Culture, was an Associate Professor at the University of Algarve, where he taught English Language, Philosophy of Communication, Cultural Studies and English Culture. He was also a senior researcher with the CETAPS – Centre for English, Translation and Anglo-Portuguese Studies (UNL/UP). He participated in a number of European-funded projects in the fields of teacher training and education.
- 29 Jan 2021Abstract submission deadline
- 13 Feb 2021Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
- 21 Mar 2021Final Paper Submission Deadline
- 21 Mar 2021Registration deadline for authors
- 16 Apr 2021Submission of pre-recorded presentations
- 12 May 2021Registration for participants without papers (deadline)